[petsc-dev] hdf5.py is messed up

Jed Brown jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Jan 19 10:35:16 CST 2012

On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 10:22, Matthew Knepley <knepley at gmail.com> wrote:

> Notice that this patch is "versioned in a repo".

Well, not in a form that you can edit or re-apply to new versions from
upstream.

>> 2. From current experience direct link to external sites is not
>> necessarily superior. [still preferable - but not really
>> superior]. More points of failure [when compared to a single download
>> site]. Also there are python problems  with https:// sites with proxy
>>

> The problems seem to stem from weird DOE configurations :)

Dearest Matt, my computer runs OS/2 Warp 4 and is only connected to the
internets by IPoAC (http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc1149) to a Macintosh
SE/30 proxy running System 6 and an AppleTalk network to an AIX 2.2 router.
I tried to install PETSc, but it didn't work. Why not?