[petsc-dev] preallocation checks

Lisandro Dalcin dalcinl at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 15:01:22 CST 2012

On 16 January 2012 17:58, Lisandro Dalcin <dalcinl at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 15 January 2012 23:30, Jed Brown <jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:
>> On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 22:10, Barry Smith <bsmith at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:
>>>
>>>  That is not a concern, better to stop early with a useful message than
>>> take tons of extra time on a huge job and make PETSc look extra bad at huge
>>> problems.
>>

>> Done, I'll check the nightlies tomorrow to see which examples broke.
>>
>> http://petsc.cs.iit.edu/petsc/petsc-dev/rev/631dbd3be1c5
>
> I've got this regression in petsc4py converting CRL -> AIJ. Of course
> I can fix the test, but perhaps this should be handled in PETSc?

More regressions:

[0] MatShift() line 166 in /home/devel/petsc/dev/src/mat/utils/axpy.c
[0] MatSetValues() line 1119 in /home/devel/petsc/dev/src/mat/interface/matrix.c
[0] MatSetValues_SeqAIJ() line 331 in
/home/devel/petsc/dev/src/mat/impls/aij/seq/aij.c
[0] Argument out of range
[0] New nonzero at (0,0) caused a malloc

--
Lisandro Dalcin