[petsc-dev] metis for dev version of petsc

Ravi Kannan rxk at cfdrc.com
Fri Jan 13 11:28:12 CST 2012

Hi all,

For the last few years, we were using metis function (for partitioning) as
follows:

METIS_PartGraphKway(&nCells,&ia[0],&ja[0],&vwgt[0],&adjwgt[0],&wgtflag,&numf
lag,&nParts,options,&edgecut,&part[0]);

Recently, we started using the development version for some testing. This
needs a more recent version of metis:

            METIS_SetDefaultOptions(&options[0]);

            METIS_PartGraphKway(&nCells, &ncon,
&ia[0],&ja[0],&vwgt[0],&vsize[0],&adjwgt[0],&nParts,&tpwgts[0],&ubvec[0],
&options[0],&edgecut,&part[0]);

This has the same function name but with different argument list.

We noticed that the latest version does not partition properly as before :
we get just one cell in the 0th partition.

Any inputs on this?

Thanks,

Ravi.

Ravi Kannan