[petsc-dev] configure fails

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Jan 11 21:47:15 CST 2012

    Sean and Satish,

   If metis/parmetis depends on a particular version of gnumake then Parmetis.py Metis.py NEED to check the gnumake version before running and give the appropriate error message to the user.

   The current model of Satish telling each individual person to upgrade gnumake in email is wrong.

    So add the check, or better yet remove metis/parmetis dependence on gnumake    ASAP.

    Barry