[petsc-dev] petsc-dev on bitbucket

Sean Farley sean at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Feb 10 12:00:34 CST 2012

> On the related note - I believe one of the new hg releases has some
> improved
> support for rebase - so its now safer [provided the right version is used].
> i.e if the change was aready pushed - it warns not to rebase. I haven't
> tried this feature though..

It's version 2.1 and the feature is called 'phases'. It's part of the core,
so no configuration is necessary. There are only three phases: public,
draft, and secret. Public cannot be changed, draft can be changed (rebased,
folded, grafted, etc.) and also pushed, and secret can be changed but is
not allowed to be pushed. I believe the goal is to completely get rid of mq
by next year and incorporate all the patch commands into core mercurial.
It's a brand new feature, so expect some rough spots, but more info is here:

http://mercurial.selenic.com/wiki/Phases

If you feel *real* fancy you can use the color extension and my hgrc
settings:

https://bitbucket.org/seanfarley/settings/src/d4e93dc190c6/.hgrc

to get this public=yellow, draft=green, secret=red (image attached)