[petsc-dev] MatMatMult gives different results

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Feb 9 20:29:49 CST 2012

Perhaps this should be on the other bitbucket thread.

On Thu, 9 Feb 2012, Jed Brown wrote:

> So we have some confusion right now because Matt is pushing to bitbucket
> first and Barry is pushing to petsc.cs.iit.edu. I would be happy to
> experiment with using bitbucket as the primary for petsc-dev and have
> petsc.cs.iit.edu be the mirror (so users can keep tracking petsc-dev
> without changing URLs).

Is it possible to add such a trigger to bitbucket?

> The simple convenience of having https:// and
> ssh:// trivially push/pull the same repository is enough to make me prefer
> interacting with bitbucket (screwy networks filter ssh).

Not sure what problems you had. The only known issue with ssh is - we
have fail2ban running on petsc.cs.iit - and when there are ssh
connections from misconfigured ip adresses [where dns lookup does not
work - it thinks its a breakin attempt - and tries to ban that
access].

> But "two-way mirror" does not work, so we have to agree about where
> we are pushing.

yeah - we should figureout which is the primary - and all should use
that.

Satish