[petsc-dev] petsc-dev on bitbucket

Matthew Knepley knepley at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 12:05:02 CST 2012

On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 11:32 AM, Sean Farley <sean at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

> No I mean I want
>>
>>   petsc/releases/petsc-3.1
>>   petsc/tools/parsing/BarrysNewHTMLMunger
>>

> Sounds like you want a "traditional filesystem hierarchy" and like I said
> before, your request will fall on deaf ears. This is the same request that
> mercurial-dev gets from people switching from subversion: "I only want to
> check out a subdirectory, not the whole project!" to which the common
> response is, "You should rethink your 'project' if you only want a
> subdirectory." Take a look at subrepos and subpaths:

I guess I completely understand the logic for not checking out part of a
tree. There are consistency issues, and management
of related changes. However, I am just talking about grouping repositories.
I would be alright with any grouping strategy, be it
directories, tags, etc. I think this is orthogonal to Mercurial.

   Matt