[petsc-dev] petsc-dev on bitbucket

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Feb 8 06:43:07 CST 2012

On Tue, 7 Feb 2012, Barry Smith wrote:

> On Feb 7, 2012, at 9:09 PM, Sean Farley wrote:
>
> > I'm sure Jed (or Matt in his prime) could have run over to IIT and restarted the machine in less time than this :-)
> >
> > Sure, and like everybody else they would have had to wait outside until they had keys :-)
>
>    Those guys are very resourceful; I cannot image a simple locked door would be an issue for them.
>
>    Barry
>
>    Besides who the heck set up the machine so it cannot be started remotely? Should have used an Apple machine :-)

It was a human error [when you tell something to shutdown - it should not automatically restart].

yeah - if we installed server infrastructure with remote admin feature
- then it could have been powered up remotely [from the remote
management console or something like that..]

looks like folks [Sean,Matt,Barry] are happy with bitbucket.

Sean - you'll have to transfer all repos and keys to the new site.

For now - I've removed petsc-dev and BuildSystem from petsc.cs.iit -
and will plan a phased shutdown of the machine - as soon as you can
find new home for all repos.

Satish