[petsc-dev] FAS with TS

Jed Brown jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Feb 8 00:55:32 CST 2012

On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 09:45, Matthew Knepley <knepley at gmail.com> wrote:

> So you would have some weird call to that DM that says "make another DM
> and share the internal state"? That sounds
> error prone and hard to inspect from outside. Things we complain about
> when other people do them.

DMRedimension() for simple cases of changing the number of dofs per node
(if you had constant), something else for moving around the CW complex,
changing stencil width, etc. This would be better than creating new ones
from scratch anyway, but doesn't require that the DM manage its potentially
sharable state in a particular way (e.g. it might share different
information between a coarse-fine relation, between a vertex-center
relation, and between a simple change in dofs/node).