[petsc-dev] petsc-dev on bitbucket

Sean Farley sean at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Feb 7 20:14:25 CST 2012

"Yoo, i've switched petsc-dev over to bitbucket since petsc.cs.itt.edu is
down pull/push from https://bitbucket.org/petsc/petsc-dev

    Sean" - Barry impersonating me

Since petsc.cs is down, I don't have everyone's public SSH key. For now, if
you need push access, just sign up for a free bitbucket account (can also
use OpenID) and reply to this email with your bitbucket username. Barry,
Matt, Jed, and Peter have write access already. Hong (hzhang), Dmitry
(karpeev), and Lois (curfman) should have write access as long as the
username in the parenthesis is your correct bitbucket name.

Also, BuildSystem is here:

https://bitbucket.org/petsc/buildsystem

where the same people as above have write access.

P.S. - To change your current default push url in mercurial, just edit
$PETSC_DIR/.hg/hgrc

[paths]
default = https://bitbucket.org/petsc/petsc-dev

or if you uploaded your public SSH key to bitbucket already

[paths]
default = ssh://hg@bitbucket.org/petsc/petsc-dev

More info here:
http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BITBUCKET/Using+the+SSH+protocol+with+bitbucket

P.P.S - While we're at it, here is a nice shortcut in mercurial. Place this
in your ~/.hgrc

[extensions]
schemes =

[schemes]
petsc = ssh://hg@bitbucket.org/petsc

You can now clone like so: `hg clone petsc://petsc-dev` or `hg clone
petsc://buildsystem`