[petsc-dev] Interface for HIPS

John Fettig john.fettig at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 15:52:56 CST 2012

It provides a parallel Schur complement preconditioner which can evidently
handle in a black-box fashion ill conditioned systems.  I presume that the
interface to HYPRE would be extremely similar in nature. Here are a couple
of references:

http://dx.doi.org/10.1137/040608258
http://www.um.es/freefem/ff++/uploads/Main/henon.pdf

It looks like the project may be dead, though, and I'm sure you're not keen
on adopting any more stray puppies.

Regards,
John