[petsc-dev] preparing for a PETSc release

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Fri May 13 14:16:47 CDT 2011

On May 9, 2011, at 11:37 PM, Blaise Bourdin wrote:

> Barry,

>>> Let me see if I can build a Mesh from an exo file in C, and save it in a binary file, once MeshLoad is fixed, we can replicate the other bugs from there.
>>

>>  Ok, let's try that.
>
> I am attaching 2 simple programs and a datafile.
> Beam3B_s.dat was obtained using either the C or fortran program using 1 mpi task, reading an exo file and writing it to a file using DMView. I obtain a text file instead of a binary file, but I can read it back onto one cpu (use -mode 1). Distributed IO is broken.
>
> Once we can save and load proper binary files, I will generate binary mesh files too.
>
> Blaise

    Ok, after removing an extra PetscFinalize() from TestMeshf2.F90 I was able to run it with mode 1 successfully and it printed some ASCII to the screen with no memory problems.

     Now what should I do with these codes to generate one of the PETSc errors you reported? (Or was it suppose to crash?)

     Thanks

     Barry