[petsc-dev] Trying to get the CMake instructions to work, unsuccessfully

Richard Tran Mills rmills at climate.ornl.gov
Wed Feb 2 10:12:52 CST 2011

Jed and Satish,

Thanks for your responses.  However, that is the first thing that I tried:

rmills at ubuntu:~/proj/petsc-dev$ make -C ubuntu-gnu_g/
make: Entering directory `/home/rmills/proj/petsc-dev/ubuntu-gnu_g'
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
make: Leaving directory `/home/rmills/proj/petsc-dev/ubuntu-gnu_g'

Then I assumed that the instructions meant to say 'cmake', not 'make'.  What
is supposed to generate the makefile that gets used?

--Richard

Richard Tran Mills, Ph.D.            |   E-mail: rmills at climate.ornl.gov
Computational Scientist              |   Phone:  (865) 241-3198
Computational Earth Sciences Group   |   Fax:    (865) 574-0405
Oak Ridge National Laboratory        |   http://climate.ornl.gov/~rmills