[petsc-dev] Runtime selection of MatType for DMGetMatrix

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Nov 25 14:04:53 CST 2010

   Jed,

     Take a look at the current model for DM/DA for vectors I'd like to update the model for matrices to match this.

  1) remove the MatType argument from DMGetMatrix()

   2) add DMSetMatType()  (mirrors DMSetVecType())

   3) have DMSetFromOptions() handle the two options -dm_vec_type and -dm_mat_type
       3a) Note that currently DMSetFromOptions_DA() handles the -da_vec_type, that should be removed/moved up to the DMSetFromOptions().

    Sound like the right approach?

   Barry