[petsc-dev] trouble building petsc4py-dev

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Nov 15 16:51:13 CST 2010

   Before actually running the cythonize petsc4py should check that the cython version is "good enough" and print a helpful error message otherwise. It should not rely on the "send complaining email; get response email telling to upgrade package X" model of version control. Recommend you add this check.

    Barry