[petsc-dev] [petsc-maint #47677] petsc viewer question

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Sun Jun 13 15:01:10 CDT 2010

  We should change the PETSc binary viewer  to create an ASCII viewer for the info file instead of a raw FILE * like we have currently. Then  PetscViewerBinaryGetInfoPointer() would be changed to PetscViewerBinaryGetInfoViewer() and we and users would be able to access it as a viewer instead of with raw printf and scanf. Then we would need the ability to open and read simple files with the ASCII viewer.

   Barry