[petsc-dev] control configure summary output

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Jan 28 20:32:34 CST 2010

On Thu, 28 Jan 2010, Barry Smith wrote:

> On Jan 28, 2010, at 6:22 PM, Matthew Knepley wrote:
>

> > However, its not clear to me that we need this. Rather, we might get away
> > with just
> > having PETSc.Configure() give this overall advice at the end.
> >
> > What do you think?
>
>   Sounds like the way to go. Simple is good.

Just to clarify - this means 'petsc:' section summary, and the 'make
sugestion' is done by PETSc.Configure() - at the end - and everything
else [compilers, packages etc..] remains the same?

i.e only the following text is outputed from PETSc.Configure:

PETSc:
  PETSC_DIR: /home/balay/tmp/petsc-dev
  PETSC_ARCH: asterix-foo
  Clanguage: C
  Scalar type: real
  PETSc shared libraries: enabled
  PETSc dynamic libraries: disabled
  Memory alignment:16

** Now build the libraries with "make PETSC_ARCH=asterix-foo PETSC_DIR=/home/balay/tmp/petsc-dev all"

thanks,
Satish