[petsc-dev] [petsc-maint #40882] Re: ML changing the size of the coarse-level problem

Vijay S. Mahadevan vijay.m at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 17:45:10 CST 2010

Hi,

I'm  trying to install the development copy of Petsc in a linux
cluster. The configuration proceeded fine until I had to run conftest
for the batch system. After running conftest in a node and then
running reconfigure on the main node, I get the following error.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./reconfigure.py", line 25, in ?
    configure.petsc_configure(configure_options)
  File "/emchome/vijaysm/soft/petsc-3.0-dev/config/configure.py", line
150, in petsc_configure
    check_for_option_mistakes(sys.argv)
  File "/emchome/vijaysm/soft/petsc-3.0-dev/config/configure.py", line
33, in check_for_option_mistakes
    raise ValueError('The option '+name+' should probably be
'+name.replace('_', '-'));
ValueError: The option --known-sizeof-void_p should probably be
--known-sizeof-void-p

I could not find the location where "--known-sizeof-" is read from or
else I could've tried to change this and reconfigure petsc. Do let me
know if there is a fix for this.

Thanks.
Vijay