[petsc-dev] Old docs for petsc-dev

Jed Brown jed at 59A2.org
Fri Jan 8 12:47:04 CST 2010

On Fri, 8 Jan 2010 12:35:35 -0600 (CST), Satish Balay <balay at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:
> I guess the interface is different than citool - hence not intutive..
> You can right-click on the filename to get an additional menu - which
> has the 'select changes to commit' option.

I saw that, but QCT presents you hunks without context and without the
ability to navigate forward or backwards.  If you make a mistake, you
have to start over on the whole file.  It is this context switch that I
find especially clunky.  At least with hgtk commit, you select hunks in
the same view that you browse the diff, and can change your mind without
starting over on the whole file.  It's still less than what git citool
does, but it's a decent interface to the important part.

Jed