[petsc-dev] dealing with MPIUNi

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Feb 26 15:02:15 CST 2010

On Feb 26, 2010, at 2:56 PM, Satish Balay wrote:

> On Fri, 26 Feb 2010, Barry Smith wrote:
>

>> On Feb 26, 2010, at 2:43 PM, Satish Balay wrote:
>>

>>> Looks like uedge build tools look for mpiuni spearately and adds in
>>> -Impiuni.
>>>
>>> But I think its good to keep -Impiuni in petsc makefiles for
>>> regular users who have mpi.h [or mpif.h] in their non-petsc soures.
>>>
>>  But doesn't this mean that the default PETSc build now with single
>> PETSc
>> library is broken for Facets?
>
> For some reason it needs mpif.h explicitly - so its looking for it.
> [and adding -Ipath].

   How come it cannot just use the output from getincludedirs to have
the search path to find mpif.h

   That is, isn't the best approach one where it can use MPIUni, but
uses it automatically without needing any mention of MPIUNI in the
FACETS build system at all? Or does it already work that way and we
are all set?

    Barry