[petsc-dev] dealing with MPIUNi

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Feb 26 14:56:45 CST 2010

On Fri, 26 Feb 2010, Barry Smith wrote:

> On Feb 26, 2010, at 2:43 PM, Satish Balay wrote:
>

> > Looks like uedge build tools look for mpiuni spearately and adds in
> > -Impiuni.
> >
> > But I think its good to keep -Impiuni in petsc makefiles for
> > regular users who have mpi.h [or mpif.h] in their non-petsc soures.
> >
>   But doesn't this mean that the default PETSc build now with single PETSc
> library is broken for Facets?

For some reason it needs mpif.h explicitly - so its looking for it.
[and adding -Ipath]. But its not looking explicitly for -lpetsc
-lmpiuni etc. [it picks it up from 'make getlinklibs getincludedirs'
from petsc makefiles].

The petscmakefiles changed - so uedge/facets buildsystem need fixes to
work with the new makefile organization [conf/base removed - insted
one has to explicitly use conf/variables and conf/rules]

Satish