[petsc-dev] [petsc-maint #42006] TAO is broken

balay at mcs.anl.gov balay at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Feb 18 13:36:16 CST 2010

Ok.

the way single-lib is implemented - PETSC_ARCH/conf/petscvariables
has:
LIBNAME = ${INSTALL_LIB_DIR}/libpetsc.${AR_LIB_SUFFIX}

This overwrites conf/variables and makefile [in src makefile].  This
affected mpiuni - and now it affects tao [and will probably affect
slepc]

So we have to remove the hacks in PETSC_ARCH/conf/petscvariables [that
are in place for single-lib] - and see if its possible to implement it
differently

Perhaps this is a petsc-dev issue - so forwarding to petsc-dev

Satish