[petsc-dev] forget about libmpiuni completely

Lisandro Dalcin dalcinl at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 16:44:36 CST 2010

On 17 February 2010 19:14, Jed Brown <jed at 59a2.org> wrote:
> On Wed, 17 Feb 2010 13:32:56 -0300, Lisandro Dalcin <dalcinl at gmail.com> wrote:
>> But if they shove a #include "mpi.h" into their source code, things
>> will work, as long as they use a true MPI implementation...
>
> Only as long as PETSc is using their true MPI, it will not work at all
> if PETSc was built with mpiuni.  (That's probably what you meant, but it
> wasn't clear to me.)

Yep. That's what I meant. I want to make things easy for end-users,
but that does not mean that I want to go too far in order save them
from every detail that could make their code non-portable across
different PETSc configurations.. So if you #include "mpi.h" but use
mpiuni, then sorry... after all you do not need to include "mpi.h",
"petsc.h" does that for you...

--
Lisandro Dalcin