[petsc-dev] [petsc-maint #45539] petsc installation failure

Satish Balay petsc-maint at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Apr 30 11:41:01 CDT 2010

Barry,

The code that crashed for me is the fortran configure test [not the c
configure test].

login1.surveyor:~/junk > cat foo.F
                       program main
                       write (*,*) 'hello'
                       end
login1.surveyor:~/junk > mpif90 foo.F
./a.out
login1.surveyor:~/junk > ./a.out
Illegal instruction
login1.surveyor:~/junk >

Note: one difference between the machines BG/L and
BG/P are the version of gnu compilers used. [gcc 3 vs gcc 4]. And the
results could be different for IBM compilers. [Didn't try yet].

Satish