[petsc-dev] ML interface

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Apr 20 12:45:07 CDT 2010

    If ML is being replaced why waste any time on it? Why not become a
beta tester of the rewrite and make an interface for that? (You would
possibly be able to influence bad decisions they are going to make).

    PETSc already defined CCXX even when using the C compiler. You
could introduce SOURCECXX in the makefiles and possibly make mixing in
some C++ code relatively easily. BUT why not just build PETSc with C+
+, what is the downside to that?

     Barry