[petsc-dev] PCASM: subdomains spanning multiple processes

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Apr 6 12:57:28 CDT 2010

    We should have this for both ASM and block Jacobi. Not
particularly difficult to write some code for it,

    BUT: the resulting morass of code would be nightmarish: three
versions of ASM code for (1) one block per process, (2) several blocks
per process (3) partial block per process, similar for block Jacobi.
It would be good if we could have a single efficient code base for all
the variants, but that may be difficult/impossible to design. We may
just need to end up with a morass of code.

    Barry