[petsc-dev] post 3.1 reorganization of PETSc DMMG code

Dmitry Karpeev karpeev at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Apr 5 14:04:33 CDT 2010

I would add that the meaning (and even the class) of objects composed
with a given object is also
opaque and is to be interpreted by the application.  This does,
however, add flexibility to PETSc
and, in my view, is fairly harmless as long as the rest of the API
doesn't rely on "conventions"
such as the existence of such and such named object of such and such
type attached to so and so ...

Dmitry.