SNESSetUp() and matrix-free options

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Wed May 6 15:53:49 CDT 2009

On May 6, 2009, at 3:37 PM, Lisandro Dalcin wrote:

> On Wed, May 6, 2009 at 5:25 PM, Barry Smith <bsmith at mcs.anl.gov>
> wrote:
>>
>>   Lisandro,
>>
>>     The checking of the options can be moved to
>> SNESSetFromOptions() that
>> then set some flag in the snes object;
>> but the actual action of MatCreateSNESMF() etc must continue to
>> take place
>> in the setup.
>>

> Could you elaborate a bit more on this requeriment on the call to
> MatCreateSNESMF()?

     Hmmm, maybe it would ok to move all of it into
SNESSetFromOptions().
My thought was it had to be in the SNESSetUp() so that it would
override anything
set by the user code. But so long as SNESSetFromOptions() is called
after SNESSetJacobian()
then it will override.

    It is ok with me if you try moving it all.

    Barry