SNESSetUp() and matrix-free options

Lisandro Dalcin dalcinl at gmail.com
Wed May 6 15:37:50 CDT 2009

On Wed, May 6, 2009 at 5:25 PM, Barry Smith <bsmith at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

>   Lisandro,
>
>     The checking of the options can be moved to SNESSetFromOptions() that
> then set some flag in the snes object;
> but the actual action of MatCreateSNESMF() etc must continue to take place
> in the setup.

Could you elaborate a bit more on this requeriment on the call to
MatCreateSNESMF()?

The problem I see is that SNESSetFromOptions() calls
KSPSetFromOptions(), but before that, we should be calling
KSPSetOperators() because KSPSetFromOptions() sets some defaults based
on the actual subtypes of the Mat operators... Likely we have a
chicken-and-egg problem here...

--
Lisandro Dalcín