blocked index sets

Lisandro Dalcin dalcinl at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 10:32:00 CDT 2008

On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 12:23 PM, Matthew Knepley <knepley at gmail.com> wrote:
> There is no concept of global for IS. They are purely serial. AO is the only
> global construct with indices.

Well, I partially agree with you in that point. However, I still
believe ISBlockGetSize is a bit confussing. Perhaps we can condensare
ISBlockGetSize() and ISBlockGetIndices() in a single call like this:

PetscErrorCode ISBlockGetInfo(IS is, PetscInt *n, const PetscInt *idx[])

Getting the actual, 'unmapped' block indices is a rather special call.

--
Lisandro Dalcín