Compiling PETSc with Visual Studio 2008

Farshid Mossaiby mossaiby at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 23 02:19:16 CDT 2008

Dear Satish,

Thanks for all your helpful comments.

I am currently doing a 32 bit build. I will try to
install MPICH2 binaries and report the results.

I read a bit the manual of latest MPICH2; it says you
can build it very easily under windows. I still cannot
understand why Matt wrote:

MPICH (and any other MPI) does not build automatically
on Windows. You have to download binaries, which means
you are stuck with whatever compilers were used to
build it.

Of course you are much more experienced with this,
just wanted to know.

Best regards,
Farshid Mossaiby