Compiling PETSc with Visual Studio 2008

Farshid Mossaiby mossaiby at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 21 09:04:52 CDT 2008

Hi all,

I want to try compiling PETSc with Visual Studio 2008
(Express Edition). I know that even 2005 support in
not complete (win32fe does not autodetect it), but I
can try. I may first use Cygwin, but somebody may
later use Python and other GNU utilities compiled for
Windows.

Could you please let me know if somebody has tried it
before? And what will be the problems, if I want to do
that? Do you have a list of external tools used in
your build system?

Also, where can I find sources for win32fe?

Thanks,
Farshid Mossaiby