particle tracking on a DA

Berend van Wachem berend at tfd.chalmers.se
Wed Sep 26 10:18:52 CDT 2007

Hi,

Yes I use PETSc to do particle tracking with DA's. But it is not very
simple and I get bad scaling. I have done geometric decomposition of the
problem and are keeping "ghost cells". The cells are the size of the
lookup for collisions.

Questions you should address are,

1. What kind of particle-particle interactions?
2. How many particles?
3. Is there a fluid phase as well?

I think the communication with the scheme you propose would be major if
the particle numbers go over 500.000

Berend.