Native Windows port of PETSc library - not cygwin based.

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Mar 28 21:00:47 CST 2006

Petsc can also be used from gnu compilers. You need to specify the
correct compilers you wish to use to PETSc configure

I presume you would like to use PETSc from fortran [using intel
fortran] on windows? If so:

- install cygwin [for build tools per installation instructons]
- install MLK for blas/lapack [if available or use configure option --download-f-blas-lapack=1]
- install MPICH for windows [or if you wish to use PETSc sequentially, use --with-mpi=0]

Now counfigure PETSc with the required compilers [check config/cygwin-ms.py]

./config/configure.py --with-cc='win32fe cl' --with-fc='win32fe ifort'

[autodetect mpich & mlk from default locations]

BTW: We test with compaq fortran - and haven't tested with intel
fortran on windows for a while. If you encounter problems - let us
know.

Satish