Bitkeeper going commercial-only

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Apr 12 14:58:33 CDT 2005

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005, Matthew Knepley wrote:

>   They have promised us free licenses.

Thats good to know. Is this something new?

> In fact, its pretty easy for any academic, open source project to
> get a free license. It turns out Victor already had one for 2 years
> now.

Victor uses the 'free' version [bk-3.2.3] with 'academic
licence'. From what I understand all free versions will stop
working. Only 'Bk Pro' will work after June 1st.

So I would think that any new free academic/research licenses would be
off Bk Pro'.

Satish