error in installing Pnetcdf

Rob Latham robl at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Jan 4 13:45:17 CST 2016

On 01/04/2016 12:20 PM, Wei-keng Liao wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I can see from the first screen shot that "mpd" is required for running an MPI program on your system. In this case, please run command "mpdboot" before PnetCDF's "make ptests". Let me know if this solves the problem.

It's worse than that.

We have a message in the first screen shot about mpd, so D. P. S. L.
Kameswari is running an old version of MPICH.  However, the second
screen shot shows an error about 'ompi_mpi_init' and other messages
indiciative of OpenMPI.

This problem of building with one MPI implementation but trying to use
'mpirun' from another is not uncommon -- it's the source of a
significant number of the 'mpi' questions on stackoverflow.

Please clean up your environment and ensure your 'mpicc' and 'mpirun'
and 'mpiexec' are all from the same MPI implementation.

==rob

> Wei-keng
>
> On Dec 31, 2015, at 3:40 AM, phani sri wrote:
>

>> Sir/ Mam, I am installing Pnetcdf-1.6.1, while installation, first it showed problem in configuring,  configure: error: F77 does not	support "integer*8" then after searching the http://lists.mcs.anl.gov/pipermail/parallel-netcdf/2011-June/001196.html, I made some changes to configure file, then it did not show any error while configuring but while make install and make check install it is showing the following errors. Please help me some way
>> --
>> D.P.S.L.Kameswari,
>> Ph.D(Physics)
>> ACRHEM
>> University Of Hyderabad,
>> Hyderabad,
>> e-mail:phanisri123 at gmail.com
>> <pnet.jpeg><pnet1.jpeg><pnetcdf.jpeg><pnetcdf1.jpeg><pnetcdf2.jpeg>

Argonne National Lab, IL USA