Configure error: with Intel MPI compilers.

Dhirendra Kumar dhirendra.cub at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 06:43:27 CDT 2015

Dear All,

I am trying to compile parallel-netcdf-1.6.1 on a linux cluster. I have a
preinstalled Intel MPI library and thus I have intel compilers wrapped as
mpiicc, mpiicpc and mpiifort in the directory /opt/intel/impi/
4.1.0.024/intel64/bin-

I have successfully installed the HDF5 library using the above compilers
and I wish to build the netcdf-4.3.3.1 with parallel support. Before doing
that as I came to know that I need to install the pnetcdf library so tried
I with the following configure options-

./configure CC=mpiicc CXX=mpiicpc FC=mpiifort
--prefix=/export/home/dkumar/RLIB
CPPFLAGS=-I/export/home/dkumar/RLIB/include
LDFLAGS=-L/export/home/dkumar/RLIB/lib

and I am getting the following error:
checking for mpicc... /opt/intel/impi/4.1.0.024/intel64/bin/mpicc
checking for gcc... /opt/intel/impi/4.1.0.024/intel64/bin/mpicc
checking whether the C compiler works... no
configure: error: in `/home/dkumar/RLIB/parallel-netcdf-1.6.1':
See `config.log' for more details
configure: WARNING: cache variable ac_cv_env_FCFLAGS_value contains a
newline

I am not able to figure out what went wrong, but I think the configure
script could not identify the mpicc (i.e. mpiicc is not being used for
compiling).

Any help would be appreciated. I am attaching the config.log file for the
reference.

Regards
Dhirendra Kumar

Dhirendra Kumar