pnetcdf test/DRY RUN Error in wrf simulation

BasitAli Khan BasitAli.Khan at kaust.edu.sa
Wed Jun 4 10:09:42 CDT 2014

Hi Rob,

Following is the snippet of the subroutine in wrf_io.F90. Actually line
2403 is just a variable declaration.

2380 subroutine
ext_ncd_write_field(DataHandle,DateStr,Var,Field,FieldTypeIn,  &
2381   Comm, IOComm, DomainDesc, MemoryOrdIn, Stagger,  DimNames,
    &
2382
DomainStart,DomainEnd,MemoryStart,MemoryEnd,PatchStart,PatchEnd,Status)
2383   use wrf_data
2384   use ext_ncd_support_routines
2385   implicit none
2386   include 'wrf_status_codes.h'
2387   include 'netcdf.inc'
2388   integer                       ,intent(in)    :: DataHandle
2389   character*(*)                 ,intent(in)    :: DateStr
2390   character*(*)                 ,intent(in)    :: Var
2391   integer                       ,intent(inout) :: Field(*)
2392   integer                       ,intent(in)    :: FieldTypeIn
2393   integer                       ,intent(inout) :: Comm
2394   integer                       ,intent(inout) :: IOComm
2395   integer                       ,intent(in)    :: DomainDesc
2396   character*(*)                 ,intent(in)    :: MemoryOrdIn
2397   character*(*)                 ,intent(in)    :: Stagger ! Dummy for
now
2398   character*(*) ,dimension(*)   ,intent(in)    :: DimNames
2399   integer       ,dimension(*)   ,intent(in)    :: DomainStart,
DomainEnd
2400   integer       ,dimension(*)   ,intent(in)    :: MemoryStart,
MemoryEnd
2401   integer       ,dimension(*)   ,intent(in)    :: PatchStart,
PatchEnd
2402   integer                       ,intent(out)   :: Status
2403   integer                                      :: FieldType
2404   character (3)                                :: MemoryOrder
2405   type(wrf_data_handle)         ,pointer       :: DH
2406   integer                                      :: NCID
2407   integer                                      :: NDim
2408   character (VarNameLen)                       :: VarName
2409   character (3)                                :: MemO
2410   character (3)                                :: UCMemO
2411   integer                                      :: VarID
2412   integer      ,dimension(NVarDims)            :: Length
2413   integer      ,dimension(NVarDims)            :: VDimIDs
2414   character(80),dimension(NVarDims)            :: RODimNames
2415   integer      ,dimension(NVarDims)            :: StoredStart
2416   integer      ,dimension(:,:,:,:),allocatable :: XField
2417   integer                                      :: stat
2418   integer                                      :: NVar
2419   integer                                      :: i,j
2420   integer                                      :: i1,i2,j1,j2,k1,k2
2421   integer                                      :: x1,x2,y1,y2,z1,z2
2422   integer                                      :: l1,l2,m1,m2,n1,n2
2423   integer                                      :: XType
2424   integer                                      :: di
2425   character (80)                               :: NullName
2426   logical                                      :: NotFound
2427

Cheers,
b:)
----
Basit A. Khan, Ph.D.

Postdoctoral Research Fellow

Division of Physical Sciences & Engineering

Office# 3204, Level 3, Building 1,

King Abdullah University of Science & Technology

4700 King Abdullah Blvd, Box 2753, Thuwal 23955 ­6900,

Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.

Office: +966(0)12 808 0276,  Mobile: +966(0)5 0860 3617

E-mail: basitali.khan at kaust.edu.sa

Skype name: basit.a.khan

On 6/4/14 4:58 PM, "Rob Latham" <robl at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

>On 06/04/2014 01:55 AM, BasitAli Khan wrote:
>> Hi there,
>> I sent you the following email a a weak ago regarding pnetcdf  make
>> check  errors, but did not get response. I used this pnetcdf to compile
>> netCDF library 4.1.2. The pnetcdf was successfully linked and netCDF was
>> successfully compiled. I ran a WRF simulation which also was completed
>> successfully, however, the log file rsl.out.0000 (attached ) has several
>> (DRY RUN) errors that are originating from pnetCDF. I am wondering what
>> these errors are and would they be affecting my simulation in anyway?
>>
>> Thanks in advance and please do REPLY this email.
>
>Hello! sorry for the oversight.  Here is my (list-only) reply from last
>week:
>
>http://lists.mcs.anl.gov/pipermail/parallel-netcdf/2014-May/001574.html
>
>Thanks for subscribing to the mailing list.
>
>There are folks using pnetcdf and WRF on Blue Gene.  I don't know the
>details, but it apparently is possible.  I think we can get you
>straightened out.
>
>When you see errors like this:
>
>/bin/sh: line 1:  6418 Illegal instruction     ./nc_test -c -d .
>
>it means you are running back-end code on the login nodes.  Blue Gene is
>a cross-compile environment: compute node codes cannot run on the login
>nodes.  (well, technically they can... until they make a system call)
>
>what does line 2403 of wrf_io.f90 look like?
>
>==rob
>

>Hi Rob,

>> Best regards,
>> b:)
>> ----
>>
>> Basit A. Khan, Ph.D.
>>
>> Postdoctoral Research Fellow
>>
>> Division of Physical Sciences & Engineering
>>
>> Office# 3204, Level 3, Building 1,
>>
>> King Abdullah University of Science & Technology
>>
>> 4700 King Abdullah Blvd, Box 2753, Thuwal 23955 ­6900,
>>
>> Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
>>
>> Office: +966(0)12 808 0276,  Mobile: +966(0)5 0860 3617
>>
>> E-mail: basitali.khan at kaust.edu.sa <mailto:basitali.khan at kaust.edu.sa>
>>
>> Skype name: basit.a.khan
>>
>> From: KAUST <basitali.khan at kaust.edu.sa
>><mailto:basitali.khan at kaust.edu.sa>>
>> Date: Wednesday, May 28, 2014 3:05 PM
>> To: "parallel-netcdf at mcs.anl.gov <mailto:parallel-netcdf at mcs.anl.gov>"
>> <parallel-netcdf at mcs.anl.gov <mailto:parallel-netcdf at mcs.anl.gov>>
>> Subject: pnetcdf test
>>
>> Hi there,
>> I am new to pnetcdf. I want to compile it for faster IO  of WRF model on
>> our bluegeneP with Linux RedHat 10 on it. I apparently successfully
>> installed the latest version of pnetcdf 1.4.1, however when i run  'make
>> testing', i got few errors (log file attached).  I would greatly
>> appreciate if you could have a look and advise where i am going wrong.
>>
>> The compilation of parallel netcdf created 4 directories. The contents
>> of these dir are as follows:
>>
>> /lib/libpnetcdf.a
>> /include/pnetcdf.h  pnetcdf.inc  pnetcdf.mod
> [...]

This message and its contents including attachments are intended solely for the original recipient. If you are not the intended recipient or have received this message in error, please notify me immediately and delete this message from your computer system. Any unauthorized use or distribution is prohibited. Please consider the environment before printing this email.