problem with nfmpi_iput_vara_double

Jim Edwards jedwards at ucar.edu
Fri Nov 19 15:28:31 CST 2010

I'm trying out the async interface and running into problems.
The following code snippet writes the expected output to the file in the
case when ASYNC_PNETCDF is not defined,
but when it is defined the first two values in the array are not written
(0's appear in the file)  the file is otherwise correct.
I am calling nfmpi_wait_all prior to closing the file and status is
returning 0.
I've tried repository tag 821 (1.1.1 based ) and 913 (1.2.0 based) I get the
same result in both cases.

integer :: fh, varid
integer(kind=MPI_OFFSET) :: start(:), count(:)
double :: iobuf(:)
integer :: req

#ifdef ASYNC_PNETCDF
          print *,__FILE__,__LINE__,iobuf(1:3)
          ierr=nfmpi_iput_vara_double ( fh,varid,start, &
               count,IOBUF, req)

#else
          ierr=nfmpi_put_vara_all( fh,varid,start, &
               count,IOBUF, &
               n_ElemTYPE, &
               ElemTYPE)

#endif