test release: parallel-netcdf 1.2.0pre1

Rob Latham robl at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Jun 15 13:46:46 CDT 2010

Hello to our pnetcdf community.

We've made a lot of improvements and fixed some bugs since January, so
it's almost time for another release.  To help us get there, we're
putting out a pre-release for wider testing.

Of particular note: we've made some changes to our non-blocking API.
The API and semantic changes should make this interface more useful in
more situations.  If you agree or disagree, please let us know.

For more information, including download or SVN links, please see the
release notes:

https://trac.mcs.anl.gov/projects/parallel-netcdf/wiki/ReleaseNotes-1.2.0pre1

==rob (on behalf of the entire pnetcdf team at ANL and NWU)

Argonne National Lab, IL USA