parallel netcdf version info

Rob Latham robl at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Jan 20 16:59:36 CST 2010

On Mon, Jan 04, 2010 at 08:50:04AM -0600, Rob Latham wrote:

> OK, here's what I'll do:  I want to avoid run-time things here because
> those tests won't work on BlueGene or other cross-compile
> environments. I will add some macros in pnetcdf.h that we can use at
> compile time:
>
> - PNETCDF_VERSION_MAJOR
> - PNETCDF_VERSION_MINOR
> - PNETCDF_VERSION_SUB
> - PNETCDF_VERSION_SVN
>
> I'll let you know when I've got that in place.

OK, In SVN revision 762 we have some macros you can use now:

PNETCDF_VERSION_MAJOR=1
PNETCDF_VERSION_MINOR=1
PNETCDF_VERSION_SUB=1
PNETCDF_VERSION_PRE=svn

In the released version, PNETCDF_VERSION_PRE will be empty.

ncmpi_inq_libvers and nfmpi_inq_libvers output looks like this:

Parallel-NetCDF version 1.1.1svn of 02 November 2009

I'll cherry-pick this into the release branch and it will be part of
1.1.1

Argonne National Lab, IL USA