paralell-netcdf-1.1.1 installation problem

Shawn Kim shawn.subscribe at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 23:30:12 CST 2010

Hi, all

I recently installed the newest parallel-netcdf-1.1.1 on two different
machines with different (MPICH2 + PVFS2)'s.
I succeeded it on one machine but I failed it on the other machine. (I
slighly modified MPI_IO function calls but I believed it didn't affect the
compilation.)
Both are in the same clusters. Error occurred while compiling libf.

/bin/rm -f pnetcdf.F90
echo "module pnetcdf" > pnetcdf.F90
/bin/cat pnetcdf.inc >> pnetcdf.F90
echo "end module pnetcdf" >> pnetcdf.F90
mpif77 -c  -c pnetcdf.F90
g77: pnetcdf.F90: linker input file unused because linking not done
/usr/bin/install -c -d -m 755
/home/mdl/yuazhang/IOTracing/benchmark/parallel-netcdf-1.1.1/install/include
/usr/bin/install -c -m 644 pnetcdf.inc pnetcdf.mod
/home/mdl/yuazhang/IOTracing/benchmark/parallel-netcdf-1.1.1/install/include
/usr/bin/install: cannot stat `pnetcdf.mod': No such file or directory
make: ***
[/home/mdl/yuazhang/IOTracing/benchmark/parallel-netcdf-1.1.1/install/include/pnetcdf.inc]
Error 1

The error part is:
mpif77 -c  -c pnetcdf.F90
g77: pnetcdf.F90: linker input file unused because linking not done

It seems to me like fortran compiler mismatch, but in the other machine it
works without any error or warning. I did set environment variable correctly
like:

CC=mpicc
FC=mpif77
F90=mpif90