parallel netcdf version info

Jim Edwards edwards.jim at gmail.com
Wed Dec 30 09:32:59 CST 2009

I'm working on porting pio from parallel-netcdf 1.0.2 to 1.1.0 -
the fortran API changed a length variable from type default integer to type
mpi_offset_kind.  This caused some errors
that were a bit difficult to track down.

So now my updated PIO won't work with an earlier version of pnetcdf and I
want to build this into
configure.ac   Does anyone on this list already have this test?   The string
provided by the  pnetcdf library
isn't very parser friendly and the string in the svn trunk version is the
same as the 1.1.0 release...

const char *
ncmpi_inq_libvers(void) {
  return "version = 1.1.0 of 02 November 2009";
}

Can I request a more parser friendly function and perhaps an svn generated
version number so that we can distinguish between the
release version and a repository check out?

Thanks,
Jim