strerror

Wei-keng Liao wkliao at ece.northwestern.edu
Wed Jun 20 10:30:56 CDT 2007

The default I/O mode for pnetcdf is collective, to switch to independent
mode, wrap the indep I/O calls by
         stat = nfmpi_begin_indep_data(ncfileID)   and
         stat = nfmpi_end_indep_data(ncfileID)

I don't know the answer to the error messages between F77 and F90.
I also wonder if they are defined the same in NetCDF (the serial version).

Wei-keng