pre-release: parallel-netcdf 1.0.2pre1

Patrick Jöckel joeckel at mpch-mainz.mpg.de
Thu Feb 15 05:07:10 CST 2007

Dear developers,

testing 1.0.2pre1 on AIX5.3,

with

   setenv OBJECT_MODE 64
   setenv MPICC  mpcc_r
   setenv MPIF77 mpxlf_r
   setenv F77    xlf
   setenv FC     xlf
   setenv CC     xlc
   setenv CXX    xlC
   setenv CFLAGS -q64
   setenv FFLAGS -q64
   setenv F90FLAGS -q64
   setenv CXXFLAGS -q64

configure shows the following problem:

checking for working alloca.h... yes
checking for alloca... yes
checking for struct stat.st_blksize... yes
checking for IEEE floating point format... yes
checking for size_t... yes
./configure[5919]: test: argument expected
./configure[5967]: test: argument expected
./configure[6015]: test: argument expected
checking for MPI_Request_get_status... yes
checking for MPI_Type_dup... yes
checking if MPI includes MPI_COMBINER_DUP... yes
checking if MPI includes MPI_COMBINER_HVECTOR_INTEGER... yes

The compilation is, nevertheless successful, however the tests fail:

make testing
        cd nc_test && make testing
        ./nc_test -c
ERROR: 0031-250  task 0: Segmentation fault
make: The error code from the last command is 139.

Stop.
make: The error code from the last command is 2.

Stop.
make: The error code from the last command is 2.

Stop.

The resulting executables all terminate with
     ERROR: 0031-250  task 0: Segmentation fault

Yours,

     Patrick

On Thursday 08 February 2007 00:30, Robert Latham wrote:
> It has been quite some time (over a year!) since we sent out version
> 1.0.1.  Mostly, things have "just worked", but lately we've gotten a
> lot of great testing from several groups, and we've accumulated a
> non-trivial set of patches.   1.0.1 was a good release, and I'd like
> to repeat that for 1.0.2.  To that end, I'd like to see the recent
> changes get some good testing before we make 1.0.2 "official".
>
> Some of the changes in this pre-release:
>
> - improved build process on IBM BGL systems
> - improved build process when cross-compiling
> - no more "return without calling MPI_Finalize" conditions
> - improvements to our CDF-2 support
> - build fixes for Darwin (Apple OS X)
> - disable nonblocking API when built against MPI-1 implementations
>
> http://www.mcs.anl.gov/parallel-netcdf has links to the download, in the
> 'test releases' section.
>
> Have fun!
> ==rob

Dr. Patrick Joeckel
Max Planck Institute for Chemistry
Joh.-J. Becher Weg 27
55128 Mainz                   phone:++49-6131-305452
Germany                       fax  :++49-6131-305436
                             e-mail:joeckel at mpch-mainz.mpg.de
                         http://www.mpch-mainz.mpg.de/~joeckel