pre-release: parallel-netcdf 1.0.2pre1

Robert Latham robl at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Feb 7 17:30:30 CST 2007

It has been quite some time (over a year!) since we sent out version
1.0.1.  Mostly, things have "just worked", but lately we've gotten a
lot of great testing from several groups, and we've accumulated a
non-trivial set of patches.   1.0.1 was a good release, and I'd like
to repeat that for 1.0.2.  To that end, I'd like to see the recent
changes get some good testing before we make 1.0.2 "official".

Some of the changes in this pre-release:

- improved build process on IBM BGL systems
- improved build process when cross-compiling
- no more "return without calling MPI_Finalize" conditions
- improvements to our CDF-2 support
- build fixes for Darwin (Apple OS X)
- disable nonblocking API when built against MPI-1 implementations

http://www.mcs.anl.gov/parallel-netcdf has links to the download, in the
'test releases' section.

Have fun!