Compilation problems on

Reiner Vogelsang reiner at sgi.com
Wed Mar 29 01:32:19 CST 2006

Hello,
how does link statement look like?
Moreover, you can check by yourself if the MPI library
contains MPI-I/O.

nm -no <the mpi library> | fgrep -i MPI_File_open

How does the symbol for MPI_File_open look like?

BTW, I am not familiar with the installation at NCAR.
So, please be  more specific on the type of machine and
OS your are working on.

Best wishes
	Reiner

Yu-Heng Tseng wrote:
> Thanks for your quick response. Yes. The MPI is installed on NCAR's GB/L.
> The pnetcdf has been installed on /contrib/bgl/
> I also test one test example under test/fandc/pnf_test.F
> This program is working fine. That means parallel netcdf should work
> fine by calling
> the library. Any idea why it is not working well.
> Is that possible due to some 32 bits/64bits issues? Thanks!
>
> Yu-heng
> Reiner Vogelsang wrote:
>
>> Hi Yu-Heng Tseng,
>> do you have installed MPI?
>> If yes does your MPI installation support MPI-I/O?
>>

>> Pnetcdf is using MPI-I/O to exploit parallelism.
>>
>> Best wishes
>>     Reiner
>>

>> Yu-Heng Tseng wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I tried to compile a code on BG/L with parallel netcdf. However, I
>>> got the following errors and many similar ones.
>>>
>>> /contrib/bgl/parallel-netcdf-1.0.0-pre2/lib/libpnetcdf.a(mpinetcdf.o):
>>> In function `check_mpifh':
>>> mpinetcdf.o(.text+0x460): undefined reference to `MPI_File_open'
>>> mpinetcdf.o(.text+0x474): undefined reference to `MPI_Error_string'
>>> /contrib/bgl/parallel-netcdf-1.0.0-pre2/lib/libpnetcdf.a(mpinetcdf.o):
>>> In function `set_vars_fileview':
>>> mpinetcdf.o(.text+0x948): undefined reference to
>>> `MPI_Type_create_hvector'
>>> mpinetcdf.o(.text+0xacc): undefined reference to `MPI_File_set_view'
>>> mpinetcdf.o(.text+0xae0): undefined reference to `MPI_Error_string'
>>> /contrib/bgl/parallel-netcdf-1.0.0-pre2/lib/libpnetcdf.a(mpinetcdf.o):
>>> In function `set_vara_fileview':
>>>
>>> Can anyone tell me how to fix this? It seems the simple test case
>>> working well when I include the library.
>>> Thank you very much.
>>>
>>> Yu-heng

                                       _
                                     )/___                        _---_