parallel netcdf in a new NERSC Linux cluster

Wei-keng Liao wkliao at ece.northwestern.edu
Mon Oct 3 14:21:28 CDT 2005

Yu-Heng

I think your mpicc version is not compiled with support of MPI-IO.
You can test your mpicc to see if it supports MPI-IO by compiling the
following short program.

#include "mpi.h"
int main() {
    int a = MPI_MODE_RDWR;
    return 0;
}

Basically, you need a version of MPICH with MPI-IO enabled, before
configuring pnetCDF.

Wei-keng