pnetcdf tests

Jim Edwards jedwards at ucar.edu
Mon Jun 6 10:54:07 CDT 2005

Hi, I have just installed parallel-netcdf-1.0.0-pre2 on two platforms
1. An AIX 5.1 system with OBJECT_MODE=64
2. A BGL platform (basically an ppc linux machine)

Both platforms use IBM's xlc/xlf compilers.  I couldn't find any
documentation about the tests, but after a little experimenting I
decided that they should be run from just one processor - is that
correct?  On both platforms nc_test passes everything but nf_test
fails a large number of tests with unexpected results.  Before I could
compile the fortran tests I had to modify the .inc files and add ! in
front of c-style comments.

Any ideas on why i get all the unexpected results?

--
Jim Edwards
IBM Applications Analyst