Parallel-NetCDF 1.0.0 pre-release

Rene Redler redler at ccrl-nece.de
Thu Apr 14 06:08:38 CDT 2005

Hi Rob + list,

   Rob, thanks for your reply to my previous mail.

Here is now some issue which showed up when trying
to build a pnetcdf on our NEC SX6.

When building nf_test I got a list of unresolved
symbols:

nfmpi__create_                      test_get.o
nfmpi__create_mp_                   test_get.o
nfmpi__enddef_                      test_get.o
nfmpi__open_                        test_get.o
nfmpi__open_mp_                     test_get.o
nfmpi_copy_var_                     test_get.o
nfmpi_inq_base_pe_                  test_get.o
nfmpi_inq_libvers_                  test_get.o
nfmpi_set_base_pe_                  test_get.o
nfmpi_set_default_format_           test_get.o
nfmpi_set_fill_                     test_get.o
ncdid_                              test_get.o
ncddef_                             test_get.o
ncvid_                              test_get.o
nccre_                              test_get.o
ncopn_                              test_get.o
ncvdef_                             test_get.o
ncsfil_                             test_get.o
nctlen_                             test_get.o

All these are declared in pnetcdf.inc but never
built and included in plibnetcdf.a. I don't know
why this is ok e.g. with Linux compilers but does
not work with the SX compiler, perhaps because
the SX compiler is more restrictive. Is there any
problem to eliminate those from pnetcdf.h?

Regards, Rene